pchealth - Re: [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:05:19 -0500

On 12/20/2012 9:16 PM, Frances and David wrote:
Dave used to make a recipe that involved a combination of non-gluten type
flours, using flax seed instead of eggs.

This is one thing I needed to know. If you add water to flaxseed meal it turns into a gel somewhat. As a binder for breads, added to granular lecithin, nutritional yeast, arrowroot powder, molasses may make it all work fine to leaven flatbread or pones or cakes.

I could ask him to post and you could adapt. For ourselves, we found that
less was more and rather than putting everything into a loaf, it was better
to go simple.

Probably a good plan. Leave the dried fruit out.

I'm sure you could try adding one or two of your ingredients at a time, and
work your way through it, for example...
Not certain how you want to proceed, though, and we are currently visiting
our home town, so not at home.

In other news...

Very much enjoying the lecithin that I picked up from your post, and now a

Great and it can be used in baking. I need to buy some more of it to use daily.

friend has introduced me to brown basmati with MCT oil and herbamare,

brown basmati rice is really good
never heard of MCT
I'd rather use olive, canola or sesame oil.
Herbamare and Trocomare (spicier) are the ultimate seasoning for everything, mild with a hint of mixed vegetable flavor. It is my favorite. Gayelord Hauser Spike and Vege-Sal are just as good. G-H offers about 8 different blends and all are excellent. I would have them all in my kitchen.

hitherto unknown to me (the MCT oil) [Dave is sorry that it is not made out
of something more environmental than palm oil but I feel like saying that
the whole commercial food bus. is not very conscious, including green onions
from Mexico!)

I've also purchased some locally (Winnipeg) made seabuckthorn puree.

Its an aphrodesiac, afaik, at least for men.

www.solberry.ca This wonderful stuff is actually made in Winnipeg. A very
hardy plant indeed. I wanted to try some before attempting to grow my own
seabuckthorn in coastal BC. The fact that the plant has natural protection
against deer is rather encouraging! I've also heard that it is wonderfully
prolific and resilient. Now I've tasted its high nutrition firsthand. It
smells bad but it tastes good!

I will have a look at that.

LL