pchealth - [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 19:09:18 -0500

I've been trying to find out how to make (Scotch or Irish) oat cakes, kind of an unleavened flatbread or scone, baked or fried. Sounds really healthy and nutritious. If only I could make some kind of granola cake or bread with: rolled oats, flaxseed, oatbran, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, finely ground cornmeal, nut meal: walnut, brazil, almond, chopped dried fruit: raisins, prunes, apricots, olive oil, salt, water, maybe nutritional yeast. Make into dough, form into cakes or pones or flatbread, bake in oven or slowly fry in heavy cast iron frying pan, covered. ? would this work? other needed ingredients?