pchealth - Re: [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: "Frances and David" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "Permaculturist Health" <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pchealth] Granola bread, scone, pone or flatbread.
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:16:17 -0800

Dave used to make a recipe that involved a combination of non-gluten type flours, using flax seed instead of eggs.
I could ask him to post and you could adapt. For ourselves, we found that less was more and rather than putting everything into a loaf, it was better to go simple.
I'm sure you could try adding one or two of your ingredients at a time, and work your way through it, for example...
Not certain how you want to proceed, though, and we are currently visiting our home town, so not at home.

In other news...

Very much enjoying the lecithin that I picked up from your post, and now a friend has introduced me to brown basmati with MCT oil and herbamare, hitherto unknown to me (the MCT oil) [Dave is sorry that it is not made out of something more environmental than palm oil but I feel like saying that the whole commercial food bus. is not very conscious, including green onions from Mexico!)

I've also purchased some locally (Winnipeg) made seabuckthorn puree. www.solberry.ca This wonderful stuff is actually made in Winnipeg. A very hardy plant indeed. I wanted to try some before attempting to grow my own seabuckthorn in coastal BC. The fact that the plant has natural protection against deer is rather encouraging! I've also heard that it is wonderfully prolific and resilient. Now I've tasted its high nutrition firsthand. It smells bad but it tastes good!

Frances

-----Original Message----- From: venaurafarm