pchealth - [pchealth] Recipes, lacto-pesco-vegetarian.

pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculturist Health

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Permaculturist Health <pchealth@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pchealth] Recipes, lacto-pesco-vegetarian.
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 20:48:49 -0500

grittoto and other recipes from the kitchen at Venaura Farm

turnip greens stir fried (use a small chef's wok, round bottom, plain
carbon steel), in olive oil with a crumbled handfull of dried cayenne
red peppers (or serrano)

sea salt, no water or a few tablespoons, nothing more added; don't
overcook, cook until limp and light green not brown or tan
serve with plenty of the cooking liquid - eliminate added salt and
substitute miso instead for a good probiotic - use hatcho or barley)

kim chee

squash, carrots, onions sauteed together with a little black pepper and salt

traditional hispanic beans: yellow beans or peruvian beans (frijoles peruanas) - no soaking needed, just empty 1# bag dried beans into a pot with a little salt, oil, garlic and water - cook until soft; mash with bottom of jar or can, serve with a little black pepper and salt, add salsa if you want that but I think it detracts from the flavor; serve with rice - I guess you could add a ton of hot red cayenne pepper to the beans when cooking too - this is the least known and most underrated bean I know - found out about it from mexican neighbors - they are delicious, better than pintos or red beans.

tossed green salad with oil/vinegar/black pepper/sea salt/garlic
dressing: arugula, romaine, looseleaf lettuce, curly endive, escarole,
spinach, cilantro, parsley

battered and fried fresh water fish

serve with potatoes, rice, corn bread or corn grits cooked with hot
red peppers, sea salt, a little black pepper and olive oil (plenty of
that)

add sheep or goat milk cheese to grits or rice for a risotto or grittoto

  • [pchealth] Recipes, lacto-pesco-vegetarian., Lawrence F. London, Jr., 11/27/2012