pcdb - Re: [pcdb] Collaborative / shared comment design site

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Permaculture Database <pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pcdb] Collaborative / shared comment design site
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:51:53 -0400

jedd wrote:

I wanted a system that would facilitate sharing those suggestions.
it would need to handle projects, each of which would include a place
to dump images (a JS etch-a-sketch wasn't important), a forum slash
mailing list to manage the discussions about same, perhaps a
manually aggregated summary page (wiki) purely for the 'customer'
to be able to see the distilled, net result of ideas presented
in one place, a way of tagging the project partly for future
reference (searching) but also to more easily categorise the
information about the project (aspect, scale, climate) that could
be summed up in v.short phrases or just single words.

In a wiki, for instance, accumulations of randomly generated aggregates
surrounding a variety of topics, i.e. nitrogen fixing trees, shrubs and
perennials
would, imho, invariably result in gems of distilled essence destined for
input in
"database" or static file display or non transient but revisable/peer reviewable information, such as you'd typically find in a wiki, i.e. Wikipedia. Fortunately we have assess to the same software running that, MediaWiki,
available to be installed on ibiblio.

LL

This is a fascinating discussion; I hope we can keep it going.

Lawrence
lflj@intrex.net
lflj@bellsouth.net
http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture