pcdb - [pcdb] ibiblio accounts and their internal mailing lists

pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Database

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: pcdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pcdb] ibiblio accounts and their internal mailing lists
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:14:59 -0500

If, when all of you get ibiblio accounts be sure to ask them to add you to
their
"webgroup" and "ibiblio-announce" lists. They are quite valuable regarding
apps, db's, system status and much more. For example there was recently a
nice thread about
CMS software Drupal and Joomla which you can install yourself. There's lots
of talk about
development issues, software and problem-solving that you will find valuable.

Do you all want to use http://www.ibiblio.org/permaculture to get started? I
just cleared out all my files.
At this time I am owner of that webspace. It can be changed to group so all
of you will be able to use it for development.

As I am not a programmer it will not hurt my feelings if you prefer that I
give up access to that webspace
just so you'll know there won't be any amateurs mucking the file system,
though I do know enough not to do that.
If you can find a use for me in the dev group I'll gladly stay on; if not,
let me know and I'm out of there.

If you prefer to use a different name and new ibiblio webspace, fine too.

LL

I will repost the info about geting an ibiblio account:

Send email to help@ibiblio.org for that. We should send the admins at ibiblio
a master list of those approved by us to
have these accounts. Here are four important documents about ibiblio's
policies, regulations, server info and the like:

http://www.ibiblio.org/collection.html Collection Policy (how to contribute
and collection criteria)
http://www.ibiblio.org/faq/ ibiblio FAQs for contributors and for visitors
http://www.ibiblio.org/systems/ Systems Central (hardware and software)
http://www.ibiblio.org/about.html About ibiblio
http://www.ibiblio.org/about.html#contributing Contributing to ibiblio
Contributing to ibiblio.org
-
If you are interested in becoming an ibiblio.org contributor:
1. Read the Collection Criteria to see if your interest will be served by
working with us
2. Check out the services we offer contributors to see if we have what
you need.
3. Hint: very few, if any, proprietary services will be provided, but
many open source solutions are, can or will be

offered on request.
4. Drop a note to help@ibiblio.org telling us:
* What your project will be
* What services you might wish to use
* How to contact you by phone (so we can work out any details and
passwords)
* Anything else you think might be helpful
last revised: August 17, 2006

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm