oscri - Re: [Oscri] SemanticCopyright beta 0.1 online

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: Javier Prenafeta <jprenafeta AT safecreative.org>
  • To: Nathan Yergler <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • Cc: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Oscri] SemanticCopyright beta 0.1 online
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 18:29:24 +0200

Hi Nathan,

The ontology on Semantic Copyright is intended to be neutral and extensive to the most licensing situations and forms, including CC. Of course we considered and recognized the advances in these field by CC-REL, maybe not in this document but for sure in other ones.

We consider both models are compatible as undoubtely they share the main core, but we tried to go forward in a more standardisated and common language and give all works, regardless of their licensing system (if available) the same treatment.

Best regards,