oscri - [Oscri] Desired CC Technology Summit outcomes

oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: "Nathan Yergler" <nathan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: oscri AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Oscri] Desired CC Technology Summit outcomes
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 15:26:37 -0800

Hello,

I've met many of you at the previous CC Technology Summit back in
June, but wanted to introduce myself to those I haven't met. I'm CTO
at Creative Commons and am running the program for the Technology
Summit in Cambridge, MA next week. I'm very excited about the program
and think it will be a productive and informative day. While not all
the talks are directly registry related, I think they all touch on
issues that are relevant to building open, interoperable and
distributed registry systems.

We're about a week out and I wanted to solicit ideas about what
outcomes members of OSCRI would like to see come from next week's
meeting. I have a set of questions I've been thinking about with
respect to registries. Things like:

* How do we identify content between registries? (ie, "are URIs enough?")
* What is the minimal feature set you need to make a truly useful registry?
* How are misuses/misclaims policed?

What questions are you hoping to have answered next week? What do you
see as valuable outcomes?

Looking forward to seeing some of you next week and to getting your feedback,

Nathan

----
Nathan R. Yergler
Chief Technology Officer