ocba - [ocba] Support community beekeeping awareness

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: John Rintoul <beecd AT icloud.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Support community beekeeping awareness
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 10:27:32 -0400

OCBA has been asked to support the Hillsborough Garden Club’s Spring Garden Tour on May 20th and 21st. We will join members of the Orange County Extension Master Gardeners to staff a table at the Pollinator Garden at Gold Park in Hillsborough. Beekeepers will provide visitors with information about honey bees and their importance to both commercial agriculture and home gardening.

The garden tour runs from 10:00 to 4:00 on Saturday, May 20th and again from 12:00 to 4:00 on Sunday, May 21st. Each OCBA member will be responsible for a 2 hour time block. Table, chairs, canopy and water will be provided.

If possible, we would like to have two beekeepers available for each time slot. We need volunteers both Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 to 2:00 and from 2:00 to 4:00.

This is a great opportunity to get outdoors on what is likely to be a beautiful spring day and educate the public about bees and beekeeping. For those of you seeking ‘service credits’ toward Journeyman or Master Beekeeper certification this volunteer service qualifies. For those of you who are both master gardeners and beekeepers you can count your volunteer hours twice.

If you would like to sign up, please send me e-mail telling me which slot(s) you can cover.

John Rintoul
(919) 414-4071 (M)

No trees or bees were killed in the distribution of this message, but countless electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

  • [ocba] Support community beekeeping awareness, John Rintoul, 04/14/2017