ocba - [ocba] Fungi to save bees?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Phil DeGuzman <phil.deguzman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Fungi to save bees?
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:01:51 -0400

I was listening to the "Permaculture Voices" podcast and heard about the idea of using fungi to help defend against Varroa Destructor and to help detoxify other beehive issues. I'm wondering if anyone on this list is familiar with the research and if anyone has followed any myco-protocol for bee health.

Below is a link to the person who was interviewed on Permaculture Voices...the discussion of bee hearth starts at around time 12:20 (which is where the hyperlink below start). The whole talk is interesting though a bit dense. Very interested to hear any experiences as I strive to be chemical free.

Paul Stamets - Report from the Underground | Bioneers

https://youtu.be/DAw_Zzge49c?t=12m20s

Bee-Friendly research initiative

--
"There is nothing quite so useless, as doing with great efficiency, something that should not be done at all." ― Peter F. Drucker