ocba - Re: [ocba] Feeding

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Wilson <infomet AT embarqmail.com>, Alwyn Smith <alwyn.smith AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: OCBA <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Feeding
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:07:16 -0400 (EDT)

I think it is important to consider what is going on in your hive and what
your
management plan is when we talk about feeding. If you have a honey super on
that you intend to extract, then feeding bees at that time I believe would be
considered bad manners. If you are building out a package that you just hived
during the honey flow, if you are making splits, or if you hive a swarm during
the flow I believe feeding may be in order.

Lewis