ocba - [ocba] Interesting behavior I have

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Janet Weinberg <janetweinberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Orange County Beekeepers Association <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Interesting behavior I have
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:32:37 -0700

I have an upper entrance in one of our hives and for the last week I have seen a small gang trying to pull  about  a 3" piece of what looks like a tiny fiber of rigid yellow straw into the opening.  Sometimes they get a portion in but the next time I go out  they have it on the outside again.  Other bees just go in and out as usual.  One bee gets below it and does that back and forward movement.  A few times I didn't see it at all but then it reappears.  These creatures surly are fascinating.

The questions and answers on this site are invaluable.  Thanks so much!

Janet Weinberg!

  • [ocba] Interesting behavior I have, Janet Weinberg, 08/27/2014