ocba - [ocba] queen for sale

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Jerry Schoendorf <jerry AT schoe.com>
  • To: NC Beekeepers Orange County <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] queen for sale
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:29:08 -0400

I consolidated two hives this morning and as a result have a good queen to
sell.

This hive was queenless for 37 days and had a serious varroa problem earlier
in the summer (beekeeper error all the way). It was weak as a result. I
bought and installed a queen on August 5. As of a week ago I thought
something had gone wrong and the hive was still queenless. I was planning
this morning to newspaper-combine this hive with another. But surprise, there
was lots of brood on two frames. However, I decided that i don’t want to feed
this hive all winter and it is better for me to have two strong hives rather
than include this smaller one too. So, I went ahead with my combining
intention.

If you are interested in this queen for $20, please give me a call.
919-932-3554.

Thanks,
Jerry Schoendorf

  • [ocba] queen for sale, Jerry Schoendorf, 08/25/2014