ocba - [ocba] Do swarms ever come back?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Robin Holmes <whatbirdsplungethrough AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [ocba] Do swarms ever come back?
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 19:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

My husband called me at work today to say my bees were 15' up an oak tree. He watched them for a few hours and then says he thinks they moved back to the hive. Is that possible? I took a look and sure enough there's tons of bees in there.

It rained off and on in Hboro, so could that be a reason they came back?

I put on a honey super and moved some frames around about 10 days ago, but it obviously wasn't enough. I assume I should figure out how to split the hive, right?

Thanks!

Robin