ocba - Re: [ocba] Do swarms ever come back?

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: "ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org" <ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Do swarms ever come back?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:17:45 -0400 (EDT)

Robin,
I have read accounts of swarms leaving and returning to the hive and others on the list may have some experience with this.  If they did return to the hive, I would expect them to leave again in the very near future.

If you have a laying queen in the hive, I would do a split.  If they have already swarmed I would let it ride.

Lewis