ocba - Re: [ocba] newBee and questions

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Mama Hope <hope2bee AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] newBee and questions
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:38:10 -0400

Thanks, I received an answer, removed the sheet and am hoping I haven't made them too uncomfortable in their new home.

I appreciate it.
Hope

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Mama Hope <hope2bee AT gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings,

I would like to know if this is a 'help' type list or if there is a forum available.  I am certainly a new-bee and would like to read past chats and ask questions!

I was turned on to a swarm yesterday while buying supplies at Busy Bee for my one newly established hive from a friend's split. The swarm was tucked into their new home and looking good this morning and I fed them via the top feeder.  Later in the morning I saw what I think was a full on robbery.  I watched the action and decided on the 'throw a wet sheet over the whole thing' method.
I did not have the entrance on the smallest reduction.

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some mentors that could use an ear to fill with their experience!  We live near Jordan Lake.

Hope McMullan