ocba - Re: [ocba] newBee and questions

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] newBee and questions
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:37:49 -0400 (EDT)

This is a help list, and you are in the right place.  Welcome.

Many times folks see frenzied activity and their mind immediately turns to the worst case scenario...Robbing.  This time of year I would not think that robbing would be as frequent and the activity may in fact be orientation flights.  This is a new swarm.  They are in a new location.  I suspect they were just out and about trying to figure out what the new address is.

Read up on robbing and orientation flights by starting here.

Lewis