ocba - [ocba] Looking for mentor

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: Tracy Lafleur <tralafleur AT gmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ocba] Looking for mentor
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 22:40:22 -0500

Hi all,

I'm a recent college grad looking for a mentor in the area. I've taken a course similar, I would assume, to the OCBA bee school through my university up north last spring. The farm I live on and work for bought a couple packages this past spring; only one of them survived under a former farm apprentice's care. I'm now in charge of this hive, and I have a couple packages on order for this spring. I would be most grateful if there was someone nearby with whom I could shadow on occasion and possibly go through my hives. I put myself up on the OCBA google maps under Fickle Creek Farm, in Efland off of Buckhorn Rd.

As an aside, I'm new to OCBA, and in these first couple meetings I've attended I've been truly thrilled to encounter such a supportive, organized, and passionate community. Truly lovely.

Best,
tracy lafleur

  • [ocba] Looking for mentor, Tracy Lafleur, 02/22/2012