ocba - Re: [ocba] Moving Hives

ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Orange County, NC Beekeepers

  • From: "David Langham" <david_langham AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ocba AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [ocba] Moving Hives
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:20:14 -0400

Peter,
I have moved my bees many times in the heat of the summer and in the dead of winter. I have found it best to move them after dark when all the girls are home. Moving them for a distance of over 2 miles is good so they won't be confused about home. I have never fed my bees once they have been moved, but rather based on thier need for food.
I am sure that other beekeepers may have different ideas on this. Good luck on the move,
David