nafex - Re: [nafex] no new growth on young apple?

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • To: NAFEX Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] no new growth on young apple?
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 14:23:35 -0400

Well,

There was no clear apex, but one spur is a little higher than the others, and
it had three leaf clusters emerging from it, and one of those had grown about
half an inch. So I plucked off the other two clusters, in the hopes that one
decides its the apex and grows a bit more.

I also trimmed off the top of one twig, just above a bud. Maybe it will
sprout?

I left the rest of the tree alone. I’ll give it a bit more fertilizer and
remove some of the weeds at it’s base, as well.

Ginda