nafex - Re: [nafex] North Star vs Meteor vs ?

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] North Star vs Meteor vs ?
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 06:34:36 -0500

Right, these trees are called Early Richmond, I neglected to write the
full name on the tags, so now I keep forgetting that that is the
actual name. All the cherry trees were planted in the exact same
block and to some extent intermixed. The fruits of the Early Richmond
I have are noticeably smaller, not much larger than the Nankings I
grow, actually. The North Star (& Montmorency) that I lost were all 3
year old trees and I personally wonder if that had more to do with
winterkill. I've never heard of chilling requirements affecting
winter hardiness.

~mIEKAL