nafex - Re: [nafex] [permaculture] Permaculture in viticulture?

  • From: Bob Randall <YearRoundGardening@comcast.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] [permaculture] Permaculture in viticulture?
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 10:52:22 -0500

I’m not commercial and am dubious this would work if you are dealing with any
large number of grape vines for exactly the reason you say.

Permaculture Stacking has its main advantage as a way to get more than one
use out of the same space. It is just one technique. If it increased labor
significantly, that would trade off against the multiple use goal. Vertical
stacking (and in this case temporal stacking) makes use of the fact that
grapes and blackberries on the Gulf Coast have different fruiting times (May
and August), different light needs, and can be fruited at different heights.

I put them at a height I can maintain on a very sturdy wide stepped "step
stool". I am 5’9”. I think that part would work no matter what one’s height.

It turns out I don’t have any really good photos. The attached is the best I
could find.

You probably could get a better idea of this in the online video about my
urban activity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFDuM2P1E-Q&sns=em

Bob

"Share What You Grow and What You Know!"

Bob Randall, Ph.D.