nafex - Re: [nafex] permaculture in viticulture

  • From: Devin Smith <dvidedevo@yahoo.com>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] permaculture in viticulture
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 06:02:13 -0700

I have my grapes trained to a two arm spur system and planted on 8 ft. centers. The grapes are planted between the posts, and at every grape and every post I am training a red currant up to be espaliered at about 5 ft. Underneath I have black currants spaced every 4 ft. but staggered. My ground-cover layer is wild strawberry. Not a large-scale system by any means- I have 9 grapes.