nafex - [nafex] looking for a hardiness listing of peach rootstock

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] looking for a hardiness listing of peach rootstock
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 07:57:51 -0500

I'm beginning to think that part of the reason I lost almost 50 grafted peach
trees last winter has as much to do with rootstock hardiness and the
cultivars themselves. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a hardiness listing
of peach rootstocks? In particular Nemaguard, Lovell, St Julian A, Krymsk 1,
Mariana 2624 and any other so-called hardy peach stocks.

Several places are listing Lovell as a zone 7 rootstock, something I did not
realize.

~mIEKAL