nafex - Re: [nafex] neonicotinoid residual on citrus

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] neonicotinoid residual on citrus
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 12:15:15 -0400

Apparently neonicotinoids are systemic and have significant (at least 2 months) residual activity. Something to keep in mind as we purchase new plants and introduce them into our orchards. If new plants are in bloom, they may be a source of exposure to our bees.

See "advice for citrus nurseries" at the end of this article: http://californiaagriculture.ucanr.edu/landingpage.cfm?article=ca.v057n04p128&fulltext=yes

Betsy Hilborn