nafex - Re: [nafex] Krymsk 1 rootstock, cummins

  • From: "Bob Hartman" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Krymsk 1 rootstock, cummins
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 11:15:09 -0800

Krymsk 5 is known to be susceptible to certain viruses. I had the same problem with some cherry varieties but my brother-in-law who had worked at Prosser suggested getting known virus free clones of cherry which solved the problem.

Krymsk 1 says in their description that it is compatible with "most" European plums and apricots. That leaves room for those that might not be compatible.

You can see this information at http://www.treeconnect.com/rootstocks.html . Open the PDF file of the Krymsk 5 and the Krymsk 86 for the Krymsk 1 information.
Bob
Western Washington

-----Original Message----- From: anton ptak