nafex - [nafex] Beach Plum

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lpittman@murraystate.edu>
  • Subject: [nafex] Beach Plum
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:32:15 -0500

Purchased two seedling beach plums from Ken Asmus at OIKOS, probably 15
years ago - they grew to be two very different plants; one was small - never
surpassed 3ft in height, and suckered minimally, the other is probably 6 ft
tall and has suckered profusely.
Though both bloomed regularly, only the smaller plant ever produced any
fruits, and it died suddenly several years ago.
So... I have a profusely suckering non-productive beach plum, which I'll
probably get around to digging out or cutting & poisoning at some point.
Suppose I could plant another one, but I figure I'd be better off putting
something more productive, like blackberries, in those spots.

Lucky Pittman
Hopkinsville, KY