nafex - Re: [nafex] Reposting the WHOLE DIGEST; and subject lines

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Reposting the WHOLE DIGEST; and subject lines
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:03:20 -0400

On Mar 17, 2013, at 9:53 PM, sherwin wrote:

I think the digest posting is totally irrelevant and only
appears because the poster does not know how to post it
otherwise. Sure, there are several fixes for it, but I wanted to
point out that they should not be necessary, in the first place.

If the poster doesn't know how to post otherwise, then it is necessary to post the fixes. Or at any rate, it's necessary for them to learn how someplace; and while I don't think this list is required to teach people how to post on it, I do think there's some potential good to be gained by doing so, We all had to learn this stuff; it's not knowledge that people are born with.

While we're at it: if the subject line of the post is just about the digest, people may delete the post before/without even noticing whether it's been trimmed or not. If the subject line is about a previous subject, and you're now posting about something else, the same thing may happen as people not interested in the old subject but who might have been interested in the new subject may not notice that you're on the new one. Also, inaccurate or vague subject lines make it hard to search old posts. I know we all forget this one once in a while, me included; but please try to remember to change the subject line when appropriate.