nafex - Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Honey Locust Pods - How to Process?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:18:46 -0600

J. Russell Smith in his book, "Tree Crops - a Permanent Agriculture" has a
recipe for honey locust pods and corn meal for cornbread. He said it was
quite tasty and I've always wanted to try it. I believe he ground up the
entire pod with seeds and added it to the cornmeal. TVA planted some trees
here years ago with the idea of fermenting the pods for alcohol fuel but I
understand there was something in the pods that inhibited the complete
fermentation of the sugars and they gave up. Hector Black, zone 6 middle
tn