nafex - Re: [nafex] Russian quince released

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Russian quince released
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:32:12 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 1/21/2013 3:10:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark.lee.phd@gmail.com writes:

> What is special about these varieties of quince that you wanted to import
> them? How do they compare to the varieties already available.

Hi Mark,

Ed Fackler had seen them on his visit in 1995 at Mikop (as I recall) and he
asked if I could get them in. One of the things that impressed him was the
cider they made w/o additives. And I was able to confirm that here with some
grown here. I have no experience with quince so can't compare them with
other varieties currently available in this country.

This should answer your questions.

Jerry