nafex - Re: [nafex] Can someone recommend a cover crop: annual, low-growing, flowering, will spread, will grow in wood-chip mulch

  • From: mark wessel <growyourown@earthlink.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Can someone recommend a cover crop: annual, low-growing, flowering, will spread, will grow in wood-chip mulch
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 11:36:19 -0500

Steve,

You don't ask for much out of a ground cover. If you could only be flexible
on one of the criteria.

That being said, an annual turf rye might be what you are looking for.You may
have to feed the rye to get it established.

Dutch white clover would be my choice if perennial crops were in your list of
conditions. They would deal well with the chips.

Mark
SW Ohio