nafex - Re: [nafex] When responding to a post...

  • From: sherwin <sherwindu@att.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] When responding to a post...
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:05:56 -0600

On 1/15/2013 4:52 PM, Road's End Farm wrote:
Hi Steve,

You've accomplished the first of those, with me at least; but
unfortunately not the second, at least unless you were trying to give
an example of how long a post can get when you don't delete the
extraneous stuff.

It's a very good point, however. I've occasionally given up and
deleted something without having managed to find what the person
sending it presumably meant to say, because it was buried somewhere in
the entirely of a digest or a very long discussion all of which got
quoted.

We should also try to remember to change post titles when necessary;
which I admit to occasionally forgetting to do myself.

This annoys me both on Nafex and on Midfex where I am the forum administrator.

Using a digest message to post or reply adds unnecessary bulk to messages.

Trimming a message is easy by highlighting the unwanted text and hitting the delete key.

Using non-meaningful titles makes tracking messages a pain. It is even worse when
perusing the archives and trying to list by thread or subject.

Sherwin Dubren