nafex - Re: [nafex] mulberry

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] mulberry
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:50:20 -0600

We've sold mulberries (Ill. Everbearing) at the local Farmer's Market.
Biggest problem for us was they are very tender and survive only minimum
handling. Don't keep well even with refrigeration.
I was trying pollarding, because it seemed the best way to reach the
fruit. Keep to 5 ft. or so height and remove branches after 3,4 years. But
the deer had other ideas. Broke all the grafts. The love the foliage. I
hope someone can work out a system. Hector Black zone 6 middle tn