nafex - [nafex] fruit trees and bushes for Northwestern Montana

  • From: "Idell Weydemeyer" <iwgarden@earthlink.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] fruit trees and bushes for Northwestern Montana
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:25:26 -0800

Hi all-

Do you have some specific fruit tree/bush recommendations for Northwestern
Montana, in that area north of Kalispell, near the Canadian border at about
3,00 feet (near Eureka) .

We have been growing 5 varieties of apples- -all are over 80-90 years old so
I am not sure what they are. We also have white currants and strawberries
and some raspberries and gooseberries. There are wild serviceberries (some
get rust), chokecherries, currants and raspberries and strawberries.

Some specific recommendations would really be appreciated-I know some people
in the area (at a slightly lower elevation) are growing some pears and
plums.

Idell Weydemeyer