nafex - Re: [nafex] Paw Paw GOOD!

  • From: Chris Garriss <cgarriss@garriss.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Paw Paw GOOD!
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2012 13:31:43 -0400

There was a paw paw tasting here (Pittsboro NC) this morning. Apparently
someone has planted ~400, all from seed and is trying to isolate best
ones. Tried several different ones, varied quite a bit. They were
numbered and was selling some trees with like number.

First time I've tasted then, friends in NC mountains say they grow wild but
I've never seen them (based on way leaves looked on plants today). I would
be reluctant to buy trees from seed since they don't appear to breed true
from seed. I did quite like some of his samples. May try to plant some
grafted trees.

Chris