nafex - Re: [nafex] Top workin Kiwi vine

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Top workin Kiwi vine
  • Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 09:31:30 -0400

Grover, kiwi grafts take easily so you may be able to do a one-shot
interstem, do the interstem and top variety graft at the same time. I would
at least try a few that way, if they take you will get more growth this year.

Saanichton has been very tasty for me. I pick them just before the first
hard freeze, and put them in the fridge until February. They are sweeter and
more flavorful than the store-bought Haywards. My Blake has not fruited yet.

I was also not super keen on Anna. Kens Red has been very good.

Scott

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/nafexlist