nafex - [nafex] Has anyone had success with Bird Gard?

  • From: Dan Durica <dandurica@hotmail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Has anyone had success with Bird Gard?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 08:51:39 -0700

I'm thinking about getting Bird Gard to deter birds in my vineyard in lieu of
bird netting, which is costly and time consuming to put up. Given that no
doubt all you fruit growers must provide a great potential feast for birds,
has anyone else found this product to be effective? The product broadcasts
alarm calls of problem birds. You are supposed to give the company a list of
problem birds and they try to find a bird call chip with the closest match.
Though they claim it is only effective if the calls match the problem birds,
the chips that come with the product have a set list of 8 bird calls and they
are not custom, so it's hard to find the exact combination to fit my needs.
Also, I have seen many species of birds in the vineyard, but I'm not sure
which ones are actually eating the grapes. DanNortheast Missouri

  • [nafex] Has anyone had success with Bird Gard?, Dan Durica, 06/04/2012