nafex - Re: [nafex] Interplanting raspberries with gojiberry [in the nightshade family (Solanaceae)]

  • From: Ginda Fisher <list@ginda.us>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Interplanting raspberries with gojiberry [in the nightshade family (Solanaceae)]
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 06:12:13 -0400

With regards to blight, I think the issue is not that having the plants
together will generate or "attract" blight, but rather, that if any of them
has it when you obtain them, or if any of the normal vectors bring it in,
they can all catch it and spread it to each other.

For what it's worth, I've been growing raspberries next to tomatoes and
strawberries for years. Well, I moved the tomatoes because there wasn't
enough sun for them, and I've stopped cultivating the strawberries, because
the chipmunks eat every last one, but the raspberries (fall red) remain
healthy and productive.
--
Ginda

Typed with Swype. Who knows what I intended to say?