nafex - Re: [nafex] nafex Digest, Vol 111, Issue 12 worries about plantcares.com AND weather forecast site to try: accuweather.com

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] nafex Digest, Vol 111, Issue 12 worries about plantcares.com AND weather forecast site to try: accuweather.com
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 23:59:31 -0400

I am highly dubious of a weather forecast three weeks in advance. (I'm pretty dubious about the week in advance that many sites have been up to for some time, actually.)

NOAA will give you a predicted amount of precipitation for the next several days, either by 24 hour or by 6 hour periods:

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

(click on "QPF" partway down on the left)

In an area like mine, where it may pour on one farm and not on the one half a mile down the road, all precipitation amounts need to be taken with a large grain of salt.