nafex - [nafex] Another "bag" for bagging fruit

  • From: Dan Nave <nave1@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [nafex] Another "bag" for bagging fruit
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:15:19 -0600

On another list a person mentioned another method for bagging fruit which might interest some. Apparently, some are using disposable nylon footies, or foot sox. I have never used them but they seem like they might be cost effective and easy to use. Looks like quantity of 144 sox for $5, which comes to about 3.5 cents per sock.

"I have been putting ziplock bags on my apples the last two years to eliminate spraying the trees and the fruit. I recently found a better bag to use to for covering the apples. Information on the method can be found at this link: http://www.homeorchardsociety.org/fruitsoxs. I found a source for the footies at this link: https://www.storesupply.com/search.aspx?query=footies. "

Dan