nafex - Re: [nafex] Recommendation for hardy-kiwi (female and male) - Actinidia spp.

  • From: Jay Cutts <orders@cuttsreviews.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Recommendation for hardy-kiwi (female and male) - Actinidia spp.
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:39:39 -0700

There was a discussion on the list earlier in the year about the males. I had written in saying that I'd tried three male plants, one after the other, and they all died quickly. Someone else wrote back saying that they males were hard to get established and that Meader was the only one they'd had success with.

I got a Meader in the fall in a pot and am waiting to plant it out in the spring. We'll see. I'm about ready to buy a self-fertile Issa just to get around the problem. No point having a vigorous female if I can't get a pollinator going.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Cutts
Director, Cutts Graduate Reviews
Lead Author, Barron's Test Prep Publications
(505) 281-0684
10 am to 10 pm Mountain Time, 7 days