nafex - Re: [nafex] Silverberry Elaeagnus pungens

  • From: Elizabeth Hilborn <ehilborn@mebtel.net>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Silverberry Elaeagnus pungens
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:58:04 -0500

Alexis,

The bushes I identify as Silverberry (have not formally identified them) are red and ripening now in zone 7b - 8 central NC Piedmont. They are red but not fully ripe last Friday ; - ) I am keeping and eye on them so that I may get a few before the squirrels.

They look like this:

Betsy
Clarification on that last comment, I am talking about Elaeagnus
pungens, not other plants which may be referred to as silverberry.
thanks
alexis