nafex - Re: [nafex] Re Bagging Plums(recent nafex digest) & Bagged Grapes

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: "nafex@lists.ibiblio.org" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re Bagging Plums(recent nafex digest) & Bagged Grapes
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 20:58:33 -0500

Lyle,
Would you give us a little extra detail on the bags you used, something like a link to the exact type of bag with a picture, so I could have a better idea of what you are talking about...
Thanks,
Claude

Lyle wrote:
This past season, I bagged plums with cloth draw string bags. I was pleased with results but we had a cool, wet summer so maybe the result would be different in a more normal season. I plan to do some again this coming season.
I have bagged grapes with cloth draw string bags for 3 seasons on three different varieties and am very please with that. Besides the grape bunches being full and without insect damage, the bagged grapes remain in good condition, actual becoming sweeter well beyond the grape season. The first year I accidently overlooked three bags. I found one of these bags about a month after the season, in about mid October and the other two in mid November. They were in good shaped and tasted so good, now deliberately leave bags for later fresh eating and grazing. I purchased these small draw string (parts bags) from a Uline Company catalog.
L Cherney WI zone 4a