nafex - Re: [nafex] Lon's passing

  • From: John Bunker <john.p.bunker@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Lon's passing
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:58:12 -0500

Although I never knew Lon well, he and corresponded for many years back before the days before email. In those times he was also very interested in plums and much of our conversation was about his various plum discoveries. I'm fairly sure that I have one or more of his early (paper) grape catalogs as well as all - or most of - his letters. We only met once. That was at the NAFEX meeting in New Hampshire about 10 years ago. It was the highlight of the meeting for me. Maybe we could all contribute to a joint article, or even an entire issue of Pomona, commemorating his life. I'm sure that many of us would join in.

Sincerely,

John Bunker
Fedco
john@fedcoseeds.com