nafex - [nafex] Sweet-cherry varieties for the Northeast

  • From: Steven Covacci <filtertitle@aol.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [nafex] Sweet-cherry varieties for the Northeast
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 00:19:11 -0500 (EST)

I have the following sweet-cherry varieties:
'Black Gold'
'Lapins'
I also have 'Rainer' but will be getting rid of this recent acquisition due
to the likelihood that it will not do well in New Jersey.
Is 'White Gold' a good substitute for/comparable with 'Rainer'?
I'm considering getting a 4th variety: 'Benton', in addition to 'Black Gold',
'Lapins', 'White Gold' (instead of 'Rainer')
I'd say these would be the 4 best for my region.
Thanks,
Steve