nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] pawpaw seed viability

  • From: Alexander Brands <abb7@Lehigh.EDU>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] pawpaw seed viability
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:28:48 -0500

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:08:23 -0800 (PST)
From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
Subject: [nafex ibiblio list] pawpaw seed viability

I was told you can check a seeds viability by seeing if it sinks of floats.? Would this be true for >pawpaw seeds as well?

A few years ago I tested this for myself, and can tell you that this is not a good test for paw paw seeds. Just as many floaters as sinkers germinated. Don't throw away the floaters!

Alex