nafex - Re: [NAFEX] First Commercial GA olive oil tasting

  • From: "Richard L. Wagner" <rewagner@centurytel.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] First Commercial GA olive oil tasting
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:57:56 -0500

Some as young as three years other varieties 5-12 years. When I lived in California 3-5 seemed typical. We had three trees but they were already well established when we moved there.
For those unfamiliar don't let anyone trick you into eating a fresh olive. It is as bad as an unripe wild persimmon only bitter instead of astringent and it makes you spit purple until you run out of saliva.
Quoting mIEKAL aND :
I had read somewhere that it takes an olive tree 50 years to be
mature. Anyone know?

~mIEKAL