nafex - Re: [NAFEX] strange mulberry leaf.

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] strange mulberry leaf.
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 14:50:38 -0500

Yep. Saw one just like it recently, growing in a backyard fence that
borders the parking lot at the high school my daughter attends. I didn't
look at leaf/bud morphology, but figured it was M. alba.
Considered marking it an collecting a scion to graft next spring, just
because of the leaf morphology-looks amazingly like the Magnolia/Brunswick
group of figs.

Lucky