nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Tomatoes growing in Ginda's lawn

  • From: Caren Kirk <quirky@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Tomatoes growing in Ginda's lawn
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:40:53 -0400

Ginda,

I always have tomatoes growing all over the place. The seeds seem to survive my composting without any problems so wherever I spread my compost I inevitably end up with tomato plants. I just let them be most of the time, and when I find a few tomatoes (they tend to be cherry tomatoes), I think of it as a little gift. After all, it's a harvest with zero effort and there's not many of those in the garden!

Caren Kirk
St. Jerome QC