nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT - Zuchinni pollenation

  • From: "Ernest Plutko" <ernestplutko@wiktel.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT - Zuchinni pollenation
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:42:45 -0500

Sometimes zucchini has only male flowers to start and later female
flowere grow. Getting late in the season for you. I noticed that
squash and pumpkins often produce a lot of male flowers and few
female. The unusual weather probably has something to do with it. If
you just wait the female flowers will appear but the frosts will
start.